Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful November


So...in class the other day we talked all about Thanksgiving and how it is on the 26th of November. Then...I had them number a paper from 1 to 26 and name 26 things that they are thankful for. Of course...I got the random answers such as: toilets, Wal-Mart, etc.....but it made me think that I needed to challenge myself to think of these 26 things! It's actually a lot harder than you would think....


We should be thankful every day...but, these are specifics in my life right now :


1. My relationship with God


2. My husband, who is so loving to me no matter what.


3. My family, who has always been by me, through thick and thin.


4. My best friends....growing up, college, and newest. They are all different in so many ways. All of our experiences together over the year have made me who I am!


5. I am thankful to have a job. I was without a job for six month and I am so grateful to finally have a new job and to finally be teaching! I know this is something that I will do for a very long time...unless I ever open a store of course!


6. I am thankful for weekends. Being with 16 ten year olds all day for 5 days a week is very wearing on one person. Especially your first year!


7. I am thankful for little people (no not like midgets....but like kids/babies!). Especially my friends....Riley Jane and William....they make me smile so much EVERY time I see them! I cannot help but giggle with them!


8. I am thankful for our "couple friends" Billy and Becky. Don't you just love it when you (as a couple) have another couple that you all get along with so well? We ALL love being around eachother and have so much fun! We have all grown so much closer in the last two years....who would have thought that we would be at the hospital for their son to be born?! We are basically family...


9. I am thankful for our church, The Village. What an amazing church and preacher. We love everything about our church. Who cares if we have to drive 45 minutes to get there?!


10. I am thankful to live in such a free country.


11. I am thankful for my pups that bring me lots of smiles!


12. I am thankful for our cute little house that we have worked hard on! I feel like it has come a long way!


13. I am thankful for fall weather...the coolness is welcomed! But not the cold....I am not ever ready for that!


14. I am thankful to have a girl's weekend this weekend....it is much needed!


(this is where my sillier ones come in)


15. I am thankful for warm coffee on cold mornings.


16. I am thankful for mexican food.....oh yum!


17. I am thankful for the silly questions that my fourth graders ask me from time to time...sometimes I need a laughter break during the day!


18. I am thankful for not being a confrontational person...I think I would have a LOT more drama in my life if I was!


19. I am thankful for big fluffy comforters...I love to snuggle up!


20. I am thankful for DVR....you just cannot watch 3 shows all at the same time!


21. I am thankful for creativity. I love just randomly painting or making things and I am glad that I have the ability to do so!


22. I am thankful for recess on crazy days at school...
23. I am thankful that we have a warm home to live in...some people are not that fortunate and I don't ever want to take that for granted....especially on a cold morning like this!
24. I am thankful for good new books....I just started a Bible study on becoming the Proverbs 31 woman and I am quite excited about the 90 day journey ahead of me!
25. I am thankful for Christmas music! I got in my car last night and one of the radio stations here has already started playing it! It got me really in the Christmas mood....especially since this cold weather has hit!
26. I am thankful for the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks ahead!!!
What are you thankful for?!
XOXO,
Hilary

8 comments:

Jenn said...

It is great to look back and think about what you are thankful for.. I will list 6 instead of 26 briefly..
1. my boyfreind
2. family
3.friends, old and new as well :)
4. God's love and my church
5. kids that brighten my day everytime they smile
6. ok this should be at the bottom but mexican food also, ha!

Cary Dale Taylor said...

I challenged myself too. It really makes you realize how good you have it when you have a list.

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

This is a wonderful list, and a great idea!!

. said...

what a great list of things you are thankful for!

Jen said...

great list! what is the name of your bible study?
love, jen

Anonymous said...

great list girl! I need to do one! Hope your having a great day! xoxo

CanadianMama said...

What a great list! I feel the same about so many of them!

Becky McCord said...

I am thankful for my sweet friend Hilary who always makes me laugh and spoils my kids.