This is just a mere glimpse into the weekend that I just had.....
Friday, June 26, 2009
I try not to do TOO much shopping... but I love to just browse online and see what is out there!I try to find things that are super cute but budget friendly! Here are some things that I have found lately that I love! I hope that I can provide something that you might have been looking for! Enjoy and don't drool too much!
I found this dress at Forever21 and loved it! It was one of those that I had to look at a couple of times before I really saw it's full potential! It's called the Ruffled Woven Wrap Dress and it's only $27.80! I actually bought this one for myself....I am planning on wearing it with some SUPER cute brown wedges and a SUPER cute feather headband (below) to my best friend's rehearsal dinner next weekend.....LOVE!
This headband is also from Forever21! It's called the Feather Petals Headband and is ONLY $3.80! Let's be honest...if you only wear it once...your headband has basically paid for itself! I am one of those people who likes to wear classic pieces but add my own little flair to things...I think this will add the perfect amount of "Hilary Flair"!
How cute is this?!! It's an old fashioned recipe tin from Fred Flare! I LOVE new recipes and recipe cards and I would use this SO much! It's only $18.95 and comes with 50 recipes AND recipe cards! This would be a great gift too! How can you pass this up!?
Another Fred Flare find....I LOVE Breakfast at Tiffany's and I was even thinking about being Holly Golightly for Halloween this year! This would be perfect for my costume! I am sure that I could make this myself...but this one is only $14!
Okay....this is a super cute one that I stumbled across....it's from ModCloth. It's called the Grass Is Greener Dress! This awesome dress is only $49.99! Can't you just imagine throwing this on with some brown sandals and a little clutch for a party?! Love it!
Love this for a "throw on" dress with cute flip flops! It's the Poplin Ruffle Neck Dress from Old Navy and it's only $29.50! They have it in three different colors....but this blue was my favorite! Oooooh and with cute hoop earrings....yes!!!
Okay....I know that the kind of "tie-dyed" look is coming back. It has taken me a little while to get used to it...but I am starting to like it! I like this dress because it isn't SCREAMING "tie-dyed" to me! This one is from Old Navy also and is called the Ombre Jersey Maxi Dress and is only $25!!!!! Get it!
A friend of mine had these on last night and I LOVED them! They are from Dillard's and the Gianni Bini line. The name of them is Glisten and they are $59. They are so super cute on!!!
I hope the you enjoyed and that you found something that inspired you to go shopping! Let me know any specific things you are looking for! I would love to help out!
I hope that you all have an amazing weekend! Ours will be filled with friends, a concert, a wedding, and more!
I am so sorry that I have been so consumed with life lately and have not had a chance to blog! I know that you all were SO concerned about me! Ha!
Here is a little update on me:
- Still painting frames and still getting orders in! I have two stores in the area that are about to place some orders for about 6+ frames each! (let me know if you need one!)
- Well...we were planning on moving back to our hometown in January and we finally decided last week that we are just going to wait another year or two. It's hard to make this decision....but at the same time...I am so relieved that we finally have a stable decision and we can move forward with our lives!
- With that being said....I have been working on my teaching certification since February. In order to get my complete certification, I have to teach for a year. But...if we were going to move...I would have moved in the middle of the school year. So, I was going to wait until August 2010 to begin teaching. Now that we have decided to stay here...I have been BUSTING my butt to get my resume out there for any 4-8 grade teaching positions in our area! If anyone has any suggestions to help me out...I would appreciate it!! A lot of school districts in our area are actually on hiring freezes right now and wont know anything until at least mid-july...so that is a little frustrating!! Say prayers!
- This morning...I was approached by a friend's mom that I have known forever. She used to own a store in my hometown but has since closed the storefront and just travels and sets up her booth at big gift shows. I usually help her out when she is working shows in the area and it is my FAVORITE thing to do! Anyways....she called me this morning to talk about some upcoming shows and also threw out the idea that she is thinking about selling her business and wants ME to buy it! Let's be honest...I would be THRILLED to take on her business (she has SUCH cute clothes, jewelry, purses, etc!) but I know that it is way too much money for us to put out there right now. Say prayers that maybe God will open up some sort of door for me! It has been my PASSION to own a store for a long time...so maybe this is my start!
- Weddings have begun....we have one this weekend and then my best friend's wedding is the next weekend!
As you can see....so many things are going on in my life right now and I hope you understand when I haven't been around much! :) I will try to come back and keep you updated more and more! :)
Friday, June 12, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Here are a few more frames that I made yesterday! I am LOVING the feathers!!! I still have a few more in the works that just need a few more touches! Bo on the lookout for more!
Business is going so well! I have had some orders coming in from friends AND i have a couple of store that are wanting to possibly carry the frames!
Please let me know if you are interested in any! I would LOVE to make one for you or sell you any of the samples!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Black and white damask with pink bow and white stone.
Green and brown print with green bow and gray stone.
These pictures aren't awesome....but I was trying to get them up here quickly tonight!
If you are interested in any of these frames, let me know and I can get you prices! Leave me a message with any questions or suggestions that you have!
Enjoy...I am sure there will be many more to come!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Well...if you know me or knew me in college...you know that I have a passion for picture frames! I used to make them in college and even sell them to a few stores! It was so much fun...my friend even did it as well!
Well....I decided today to kind of kick off the hobby again and sell some of these bad boys! These are the two that I have made so far (they look a little yellow in the pictures...but they are a very pretty metallic gold color). I can make them in any color with any word(s) on them that you might like, the ribbon colors can vary also! I am planning on making more this weekend to put up on the blog!
Let me know if you need prices!
FAITH - picture part is 3.75" x 3.75" and the full wooden part of the frame is about 7"x 7"
BABY! - picture part is 3.5" x 3.5" and the full wooden part is about 6" x 6"
They will make GREAT presents for someone else or even for yourself! :)
And pay attention...after this weekend I MIGHT just do a giveaway with one!
Let me know if you want to purchase one! I would love to make one and send it to you!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
I am in need of some major help! (by the way...I know I have been slacking on adding more to my "sale" list....it's coming!!!) Okay, so, my best friend's wedding is in exactly ONE month and I have GOT to find some shoes to wear with my bridesmaids dress! Our dresses are white and blue and she wanted us to wear SILVER shoes! I want to find some really cute ones but don't want to spend over like $75....just because i don't ever really wear silver shoes and don't know if i will wear them again. Plus, I want to be realistic about the price....I could tell you that I only want to spend $30....but I doubt I will find any I like! I want some to be a little taller in the heel...because I am short AND heels make your legs look better! :)
HELP HELP HELP! I have been looking online everywhere and need some ideas of places to look or places that you might have seen some cute ones! Let me know!!! :)