Monday, January 3, 2011

So...I need YOUR help....

Yes...that's right....I need YOUR help!

So...I got one of THESE bad boys for Christmas....



...and I have NO idea what I am doing!!

I mean...I know the basics...I can sew a cord cover and a pillow. But this thing is a little overwhelming...it can sew at a rapid speed and can even EMBROIDER!!! How cool is that?! I am planning on running up to the shop where my mother-in-law bought this and take a lesson or two so that I can become more familiar with this crazy piece of equipment.

Here is where your help comes in.... any tips, tricks, or books I should read to teach me how to make some cool stuff?! I just ordered three books on Amazon.....I am just hoping that they are pretty user-friendly! I am ready to make...a laptop case...a cute skirt...and many other fun things....let's hope they turn out normal!!!

Can't wait to hear your advice and suggestions!

XOXO,

Hilary

5 comments:

Kerbi said...

I got one for Christmas as well, and I have no idea what I am doing either! What books did you get from Amazon?

Sassy In The South said...

I would love to know the tips and suggestions you receive on this blog post, I've had a sewing machine for months now and have been too intimidated to take it out of the box!

Momma Jac said...

What type and model is this? I sew a LOT but I am looking for a new one that embroiders... also let me know if this one is easy to use???? Thanks!

Annie said...

how exciting!!! i would love to know how to sew and embroider!! i can't wait to see what you make :)

Karah said...

YAY for a sewing machine. I got one 2 years ago and I still don't know how to use it. Its a shame. I need to learn!!