Thursday, May 7, 2009

HAPPY HEALTHY

Hello all!!!

I don't know about you....but I am a little bit in love with McDonald's Egg McMuffins! I used to get them ALL the time in college! Me and my friends would wait up all the time until 2:30 am when our local 24 hour Mickey D's would start serving breakfast....yum yum! Sadly...I don't even know where a McDonald's is anywhere near me (maybe it's a good thing!)...so I found this healthy breakfast sandwich recipe! Believe me...it's a close second to my beloved Egg McMuffin!

Hilary's Healthy Breakfast Sandwich

Ingredients:
  • 1 Whole Wheat English Muffin
  • 1 egg white
  • Slice of fat free American cheese
  • 2 slices of turkey bacon
Preparation:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  • Open up your English Muffin and place each side on a cookie sheet...then top the bottom half with the cheese. Place in the oven until the cheese gets melty.
  • While waiting for the cheese to melt...heat a skillet to medium and fry your egg white. Try to keep it all in one piece!
  • Heat your turkey bacon in the microwave until crispy. (if you have a dog...throw in an extra piece for him....i know i always do! they love it!)
  • Take the muffin out of the oven. Stack on the egg and turkey bacon and enjoy!!!
I believe this is only about 250 calories! YAY! Make it! We have had them the last two mornings and have loved them! Casey was eating egg whites and oatmeal every morning...so we had to finally mix it up a little bit!

I hope that you have a wonderful day! I may be back again later to post more...it's kind of a boring day here! :)

XOXO,

Hilary

No comments: