I don't know about you....but I am a little bit in love with McDonald's Egg McMuffins! I used to get them ALL the time in college! Me and my friends would wait up all the time until 2:30 am when our local 24 hour Mickey D's would start serving breakfast....yum yum! Sadly...I don't even know where a McDonald's is anywhere near me (maybe it's a good thing!)...so I found this healthy breakfast sandwich recipe! Believe me...it's a close second to my beloved Egg McMuffin!
Hilary's Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 Whole Wheat English Muffin
- 1 egg white
- Slice of fat free American cheese
- 2 slices of turkey bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Open up your English Muffin and place each side on a cookie sheet...then top the bottom half with the cheese. Place in the oven until the cheese gets melty.
- While waiting for the cheese to melt...heat a skillet to medium and fry your egg white. Try to keep it all in one piece!
- Heat your turkey bacon in the microwave until crispy. (if you have a dog...throw in an extra piece for him....i know i always do! they love it!)
- Take the muffin out of the oven. Stack on the egg and turkey bacon and enjoy!!!
I hope that you have a wonderful day! I may be back again later to post more...it's kind of a boring day here! :)