Thursday, October 1, 2009

RECIPE SHARE/EXCHANGE!


Happy Thursday! The weekend is SO close...I can smell it! :)


Well....here is my dilemma...I am in a recipe funk! I have tons of recipes and love making them all....but I need some new fun, deliscious ones! I feel like I am making the same 'ol thing over and over and OVER again!


This is where YOU come in! I want YOU to send me your favorite recipe! You can either comment on my blog with it or email it to me at hilary.hymer@gmail.com ! In return for your gracious emails full of recipes.... I am going to pass on one of my newest favorites to you!


I came across this show on the Discovery Health channel about two months ago. It's called Cook This, Not That with Sam Zien. He's a fun little guy that shows great ways to make favorites! He made this pasta and I immediately went out to the store and bought all of the ingredients! It is SUPER easy and only takes about 10-15 minutes to make....gotta love that! With that being said, write down this recipe and make it TONIGHT! Let me know what you think!!!


Spicy Fatboy Sausage Pasta


Ingredients:


1 tablespoon olive oil

1 lb spicy Italian sausage (casings removed and crumbled) (it's also good with chicken or shrimp!)

4 cloves garlic

1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1 lb penne pasta

3 tablespoons butter

1 cup whipping cream (i put in an extra 1/2 cup to make it more saucey!)

1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese

2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley


-Heat oil in hot pan, and add sausage, garlic and red pepper flakes.


-Break apart and cook until no longer pink and add cream — simmer on low.

-Add pasta to boiling water — when the pasta's ready, so is the sausage.


-Drain pasta and add to sausage.

-Add butter, parmesan cheese & parsley — mix well.

-Sprinkle with a little more cheese of course and serve.


-Serves 6.

5 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Chicken Pot Pie (I loved this recipe!)

2 cans of Veg All Mixed Vegetables, drained
10 oz of Chicken (canned, cooked, or leftover rotisserie*)
1 can cream of chicken soup
Herbs of your choice (I used Oregano)
Salt & Pepper
2 9in. pie crusts from the refrigerator section ( I used a pie shell and one of the crusts as the top)

Preheat oven to 375 F.
In medium mixing bowl combine the first five ingredients.
Place mixture in one the pie shells (If you use frozen crust you should prebake it for about 10min) Top with remaining pie shell. Pinch to seal and prick top with fork.

Bake for 50-60 minutes until crust is golden brown.

Serve and Enjoy!

Kristen said...

Yummy recipe... I just sent you a few through email. Hope you like 'em!! Happy weekend!!

Annie said...

i feel the same way, i make the same stuff over and over...but i guess i do love everything i make :)
i don't have any recipes on hand but one of my favorite places to get recipes is kraftfoods.com, everything is always so easy to make and always yummy!!

just came across your blog, glad i did :)
hope you have a great weekend!!

chelsea said...

Your blog is darling :) Can't wait to read more!

Lindsey said...

Oh this is fun! This is my fave right now:
Broccoli Quiche
INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, minced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
4 eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon butter, melted

DIRECTIONS
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions, garlic and broccoli. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft. Spoon vegetables into crust and sprinkle with cheese.
3.Combine eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in melted butter. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
4.Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until center has set.