Friday, September 19, 2008

Recipe of Deliciousness!

This recipe is actually my Mother-In-Law's and it is absolutely one of my favorite desserts! She usually has some made when we are in town and I LOVE it! I specifically remember when Casey and I were first dating, we were both in town to see eachother (we were about 7 hours long distance for the first 9 months of our relationship)...we were hanging out at his parent's house watching a movie one night and I kept sneaking in and out of the kitchen to get another bite of this deliciousness! I had never had it before and it rocked my world! Plus, it is SUPER SUPER easy to make! If you love cheesecake...you will LOVE this!



SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE

2 cans of crescent rolls
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

  • You will take a 9 x 13 pan and spread the first can of crescent rolls across the bottom like a sheet.

  • Then mix together the vanilla, cream cheese, and sugar until it's creamy. I personally like to use a hand mixer, because it gets the job done very quickly!

  • Next, you will spread this mixture across the crescent rolls that you laid in the pan.

  • Cover the mix with the other can of crescent rolls like a sheet.

  • Take your melted butter and pour this over the top. I also like to take some of the pre-mixed cinnamon and sigar and sprinkle that all over the top.

  • Bake this in the oven for 30 minutes and Ta Da!

I promise you will love this! How easy is that?! I love simple recipes like this...they save so much time and money! I wish I had a picture to show you...but I don't! Sorry! :) If you know me, you know that I LOVE cream cheese...(cream cheese on wheat thins, cream cheese on ritz crackers, cream cheese mixed with rotel....) so this dessert hits the spot!

When I was little, I remember that my mom had a little cookbook book that was all recipes with THREE ingredients....or maybe it was FIVE... whatever...there just weren't many! I think I need to find a cookbook like that! Casey might kill me if I had another cookbook though! We got so many when we got married and I love them! I just love reading them...I really haven't cooked much out of them I feel like. There are just so many random recipes in there that I really don't think we want to try! But I do love Paula Dean's cookbooks...since she is southern, she has more practical recipes! Plus...I just LOVE that accent of hers! It cracks me up!

Well...I must get back to work! Today is going to be a loooooooong day for me.

Make some Sopapilla Cheesecake this weekend and share it with everyone around you! I will be having fun with my best friend Liz...she is coming in town from Austin to have a girl's weekend with me and we have an old friend's wedding to go to! Wish me luck trying to figure out what I am going to wear!

6 comments:

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Oh that does sound good! I'll have to try that cheesecake too! I can tell I will have to exercise alot more if I'm gonna keep up this baking binge I've been on! Something about fall & winter...just makes me want to bake..and it usually desserts!

Joy said...

Oh, you're a baby blogger! Welcome to blogland. I have a question for you. How can you be such a little thing and eat such deliciousness?!?!

To answer your question about the stain, for little jobs like the sign I use DecoArt's gel stains in walnut. I bought it at the craft store. I like it because it washable and easy to use.

Have a delightful weekend!

Krystal said...

Welcome! Welcome! This is one my favorites too! I actually have a this in my fridge right now! I had a great time seeing you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hilary-

Cute blog! Matt has been on me for a couple of years now to start my decorating blog! Now I feel the pressure even more!

About the McCoy bowl... i love mccoy! i have several pieces but not a pretty bowl like that! i will be on the look out for your bowl. Ebay's a good source for mccoy, but you'll probably find it for less at a hole-in-the-wall antique store, thrift shop, or canton.

similar:
ebay item #350099591228

So glad you posted Dana's recipe!

-a

Shannon said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love those shoes you found! I am going to have to go to Payless now!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Ohhh my, that sounds so good and it's so EASY!! I am going to try that this week!