Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Starting With Shopping...

My poor poor puppies ran out of food this morning... (yes...we have an ADORABLE miniature white dachshund puppy and a SUPER CUTE great dane puppy) so that meant that I probably needed to go grab some dog food during lunch! Miley Mae is such a growing girl that we try to let her eat as much as she wants at this stage in her life. Anyways... off to Target I went at lunch!

I wandered around for a little bit to kill some time and look at my fabulous find! I LOVE them! They are the Merona Meadow Ballet Flats in Leopard (obviously)... My mom is going to FLIP over these I'm sure...





I am such a sucker for:

A. Flats (even though I am short! plus I love leggings and what better shoe to go with leggings!?)

B. Cheap shoes! (Hey...if they go out of style...you don't feel bad doing away with them!)

C. Leopard Print

D. TARGET

On another note... Casey and I bought a house back in April and moved into it in May after our wedding. It was such a great buy...we found it as a foreclosure in a cute little neighborhood BUT the two families that lived there before didn't do much with it! We basically had to paint every room, change light fixtures, remodel the landscaping, and get lots of stains out of the carpet!

When you walk into our house, the very first room that you come into is the "dining room". We literally have NOTHING in it! The walls are a very light khaki color and it has carpet that we are hoping to change into wood floors very soon. But I just cannot figure out WHAT in the world I want to do with this room! I didn't want a fornal dining table yet...because we will never use it! Case wants to put a pool table in...yeah RIGHT. But one thing I have been looking for is a console table for the entry way which is in that room. I have been keeping an eye out on Craigslist b/c I really don't want to spend TOO much on the table. They have some cute ones at World Market and Pier 1...but I just haven't found the perfect one...until about 10 minutes ago!







What do you think!? And...did I mention that it is ONLY $75?!

AND...it's actually a Pottery Barn piece!

Our house is kind of a random mix of things...I think it really reflects our personalities! It's kind of a modern rustic feel. Our bedroom furniture looks alot like this piece but it's painted black with a little bit of sanding. I think that is what I would want to do with this table too! I think it would look super cute in the house!

I will have to post pictures of the befores and afters of the house soon so that you can all see how much AMAZING work we have done to it (kidding!)...but we really have come along way, I feel like!

Don't worry...there will be MUCH more to come... I have been sitting at my desk today brainstorming ideas for upcoming posts... get ready for more shopping, decorating, cooking, etc!!

YAY NEW BLOG!

XOXO

Hilary

3 comments:

Cara Beth said...

First of all, let me just say I'm CONVINCED that you are Gossip Girl because who else signs their notes "XOXO"... and second of all.. I just want to go on record by saying that I am the first person to leave a comment on your blog. So when you go platinum please give me 10...no 40% please of the profits of this blog.

Thank you and have a nice day.

By the way. Nice blog. :)

XOXO

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Found you by way of your comment over at Susie's. I will be off to check out those pumpkins @ Target next week, and I'm asking myself why didn't I stop this week. Jackie

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

When I read your post...don't ask me how I got here????? I knew you had to go over to Http://southernhospitality-rhoda.blogspot.com/ and visit her post on August 5, 2008. She gives a tutorial on decoupaging a big letter 'M' with leopard tissue paper.
Have fun. : )
M.L.