Monday, August 22, 2011

The Perils of Pregnancy...

As of Friday....Baby H is officially at 15 weeks!


According to www.thebump.com, Baby H is the size of an orange this week - approx. 4 inches! So crazy to know that little life is forming inside of me! God is amazing and does such cool things!


Casey and I have been so busy lately with working on the new house, living with our parents, working in general, and so on...that we really haven't done much baby stuff or talked a whole lot about the baby! We just tell eachother how excited we are and all of that...but haven't focused much on it. I really still don't feel like I am pregnant since I haven't been sick or anything (the only thing affecting me at the moment is hunger pains and fatigue) ...........until TODAY.....when my pants officially wouldn't button! I FINALLY had to whip out the BellyBand! I bought it about three weeks ago but never used it because I didn't think I was pregnant enough yet.... but today was a slightly different story!


It's an odd thing to gain a little weight during your first pregnancy. I have always been a smaller person - about 5'1" and 105 pounds. Now it's okay to gain that baby weight but it's still odd when you have always tried to keep yourself FROM gaining weight! There are about 5 girls that I see on a regular basis at church that are as far along as I am, give or take two weeks and are showing a lot more than me - clearly I have been sucking in my baby belly! Is that normal?!?! It's just such an odd thing for me! I'm not ashamed of it or anything....I feel like I should hide it a little while longer and that I'm not far along enough to really have a baby bump yet! HA - I'm four months along!!!!



Oh the perils of being pregnant....I just had to share!


Have you had this issue or one like it?! I would love to hear!!!



XOXO,






Hilary

8 comments:

Cara Beth said...

Don't be ashamed! You should rock that belly! Own it sister! :)

kate said...

glad you've busted out the belly band. you'll love it and it will be your bff before and after this little life makes an appearance. now, as far as not showing quickly...just wait. go for #4 and see how fast everything starts showing and growing. :) love this sweet little bump post...and go ahead and get big, will ya?!?!

Maura said...

I just stumbled across your blog and wanted to send some congrats! Being pregnant is the most amazing experience, enjoy your cute growing belly!

Unknown said...

Ragnarok Private Server
Ragnarok
CNA Training

Ashley Fisher :) said...

I miss you blogging! Come back! Hope everything is going well!!

strat said...

Indeed blissful to any woman in the world.
dui lawyer phoenix az

Bloggermaniac said...

Congratulations. I just stumbled on your blog and it seems like you have a very full life. I am also petite like you and I am very interested to see how the pregnancy effects you. People keep telling me that because I am so small that I will be all belly. Who knows?

http://carryon-blog.blogspot.com/

Sarah Ann said...

It is crazy sometimes when you start gaining that baby weight - your head knows it's absolutely normal, but seeing the numbers jump up is just odd! But it really is such fun, too :)